[ClockDay09] Running NG [ClockDay09] Running NG

lolololololololol indeed.

Mastermind 4 Mastermind 4

HAHA

Brilliant...

And I love the Inspector Gadget Reference.

Pika VS Onix Pika VS Onix

NICE

Well drawn art, the animation was very smooth and fluent, and a touch of comedy at the end. Very well done! However I think I spotted a layering problem where Pikachu's head is hidden by the backround.

Time on NG calculator Time on NG calculator

heh

What a fantastic idea!

Only it would just a TAD better if the output at the bottom was text, so you could copy it.

Mine... Days: 12, Months: 1, Years, 1

Good work, a very nice looking NG-themed app, that does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Animal Overkill Animal Overkill

Nice

Very well made simple game. Good art, and no visible bugs. But I have to agree with "mavegum," the music doesn't git the game. Unless of course it was for comedic effect. And to combat what "BrigadierD" said... Why kill the animals? Because they are trying to kill YOU. Obviously haha.

A very well produced simple flash game to kill some time. (And some animals) Well done.

Oh, btw, the difficulty curve may be a little too great.

Havegum responds:

Thank you for an honest and good review!
I'll deal with mavegum later ... (mwahahaha!)

Cave of Wonders Cave of Wonders

Man

A very well constructed game. The only thing that slightly annoyed me was one of the sword attack movie clip. Not very well animated. but apart from that a very entertaining game.

Beautiful nature Beautiful nature

Cheesy but nice. Rememerable melodies with a unoriginal yet functional chord progression. The lively, active feel to this piece almost completely makes up for any unoriginality though, and this would fit great in the background of a farm game. Well done!

I will say that some of the sounds used here for the musical parts are very cheesy (midi-esque if you know what I mean), and the overall feel of the piece could have been improved with higher quality samples/instrument sounds.

[Cubed] Double Vision WIP [Cubed] Double Vision WIP

Nice reese bass, interesting tone, feels muffled and under pressure. (I mean that in a good way!) The drum sounds fit well, but they lack punch, especially the snare. Good luck with the full version!

I Am Bassracer I Am Bassracer

Interesting start, but that intro section goes on for wayyy too long. I got very bored around 50 seconds in, wanting some kind of change or build.

The section that comes after that isn't really a new section, but rather the omission of certain sounds for a period of time.

Did you artificially increase the volume of the climax at 1:45? Because the sudden jump in volume is very awkward and actually dampens the energy that the climax could have had.

There are some very interesting ideas in this piece, and the sounds you are using, although very basic, work well with eachother.

You definitely need to work on your mixing skills. The levels of the different sounds here are all over the place. Compare the last part of the song to the first minute, notice the huge change in volume? You may think this increased loudness adds excitement, but there are much better ways to achieve that.

I also urge you to explore progression, change and the introduction of new sections in a piece of music. Try adding new musical sections, without just taking away or adding elements.

Sorry if I'm being too harsh, just trying to give constructive criticism. You're welcome to do the same for my music too :)

junkster775 responds:

WOW! I can't tell you how happy I am to have received advice like this. It is super helpful! I am definitely going to be working on that, it is still a learning experience for me. And to answer your question, I see now the volume jump I didn't see late last night, it wasn't intentional, it was just a lot of instruments got added at once. I will be lowering that and I am going to try and improve the song some.

The advice is super helpful and MUCH appreciated. I am still new to all this. And I would be happy to criticize your music as well. I'll check it out soon. :)

Thanks again!

Chocolate Lava Pudding Volcano Chocolate Lava Pudding Volcano

o.0

That is cool...

I'm sorry, i wish i could critique more, but the world of visual arts is a mystery to me.

Havegum responds:

Well, for starters, the one color of choise isn't really the best, the reflection in the water is kinda messed up, the mountain should be a lot more "rocky" the glacier should be larger at the top and not as big in the bottom and the sky could've been slightly better

lol, something like that :D

Anywho, thanks for the comment!

Hip Hop Contest Entry Hip Hop Contest Entry

!!!

This is superb! Are you still drawing in flash? Or are you using illustrator or something now?

Photoshop :D

Pixel stage example Pixel stage example

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! This looks it would make a really fun game lol.

you are getting far too talented!